Saturday, May 28, 2011

Feeding Tube Tan Lines and More Testing!!

It finally stopped raining so I sat in the sun for a little today. I managed to sit halfway in the shade so I wouldn't get a feeding tube tan line hahah!!! I had some pain and nausea this morning but with the perfect cocktail of medication we managed to get it under control. Someone emailed me asking what I do when I have nausea, so I have a little list of things that help me:
- Of course...zofran :)
- Also, coke syrup helps. I just sip on 2 teaspoons here and there and it really helps (this was when i could tolerate food/liquids)
- I let a necco wafer dissolve in my mouth, they are really chalky so it helps coat your stomach
- I tend to get really hot and sweaty when I'm nauseous so ice packs/cold damp towels make me feel better as well

That's basically it for today. I might try and eat something later on, but we will see how that goes. I am scheduled for another gastric emptying study on Tuesday but instead of eggs they are giving me chocolate milk. I can't exactly tolerate dairy (or hold down anything but water) so I'm not sure how well that is going to go. I hope everyone is staying well!

xoxo,
Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment